“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them.” We believe in celebrating women every day. And what better way to celebrate a grandmother, mother, coworker, aunt, wife or sister than with a little DIY time capsule box. We love that the time capsule is a great self-reflection tool, as well as capturing your current wisdom and memories.
There are 3 parts to this time capsule.
We have created a list of questions for the person receiving the Time Capsule to answer. You just have to copy and paste the questions onto a word document or handwritten it on cardstocks. They can answer these questions in the form of a letter or point form on the back of the cardstock.
- My favorite moment of 2018
- The character trait that I grew most in 2018
- A valuable lesson I learned and don’t want to forget
- I will never forget the time when _______________.
- My favorite comfort food is _______________.
- Something I chose to quit _______________.
- My favorite song and book
- A typical day in my life looks like:
- Best way to spend a free day
- I cringe at _______________.
- My favorite Bible verse, Quote, Word
- What makes me laugh the hardest
- I slowed down so I could _______________.
- I hustled to _______________.
- Something I realized about myself
- I’m glad I invested time in _______________.
- Someone I had to forgive
- I’m most proud of myself for:
If they have a significant other, you can include these questions in the capsule:
- Name something you hope to accomplish with your significant other between now and opening this in 5 or 7 years
- Write a message for your significant other to read in 5 or 7 years
- What’s your favorite inside joke between you and your significant other?
Ask them to leave some fun miscellaneous items that they might want to revisit in 5 or 7 years! Here are some suggestions:
- Receipts / Bills from your favorite restaurants, coffee shops, or stores
- Dried flowers, leaves, or rocks from your favorite park or daily walks.
- A print out of your social media account: Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn
- Perhaps a Diamond Pen?
Ask them to write a letter to their future self. They can begin the letter by giving thanks to themselves.
Lock it up, and set a date to open the time capsule sometime in the future.